SIR 2017 brings diverse perspectives on IR into an international city
On behalf of the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting Committee, I invite you to join your colleagues and industry supporters at SIR 2017, March 4–9 in Washington, D.C. This year we’re bringing together more shared learning experiences and perspectives from worldwide IR experts, private practice and diverse groups of IR than ever before.
Highlights at SIR 2017 include an array of Saturday symposia focused on timely clinical IR topics, a special session on the economics of interventional radiology, a dedicated stroke course, scientific sessions that showcase global innovation and excellence, increased interactivity in hands-on workshops and electronic poster presentations. Read more about these offerings inside this brochure, where you will also find information on the 2017 Gold Medal Awards, Charles T. Dotter Lecturer, JVIR Honors and SIR Foundation Awards.
Interventional radiology has always been a collaborative specialty. We work directly with our patients, their referring physicians and other members of the care team. The value inherent in that collaboration is increased and strengthened when it is informed by the perspectives of the diverse body of physicians, researchers and industry supporters who attend SIR’s Annual Scientific Meeting. Our goal is to ensure this dynamic shines through every aspect of the meeting so that all attendees benefit from the wide spectrum of people and institutions that comprise our specialty.
Robert J. Lewandowski, MD, FSIR
SIR 2017 chair
The SIR 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting Committee
Visit sirmeeting.org to learn more about the members of the committee.
Robert J. Lewandowski, MD, FSIR: Chair, 2017 Annual Meeting Program
Brian Funaki, MD, FSIR: Chair, Workshop Program
Daniel Sze, MD, FSIR: Chair, Scientific Program
J. Fritz Angle, MD, FSIR: Chair, 2016 Annual Meeting Program
SIR 2017 mobile app
- Complete and submit session and faculty evaluations on the fly.
- Sync and modify your SIR Personal Planner to stay on schedule.
- Share your experience and see the buzz at #SIR17DC with the enhanced social media feature.
- Navigate the Expo, search abstracts, see local attractions and eats, and more!
Watch for the SIR 2017 mobile app available in all app stores, February 2017.
Because of the increase in quality abstract submissions, SIR has added electronic posters (ePosters) to traditional posters. ePosters can be viewed in designated areas of the convention center. The popular poster hall will continue to host the highest scored posters.
Join the entire IR community in the SIR 2017 Expo, where you will find:
- Opportunities to network with colleagues
- Hands-on opportunities in the SIR Learning Labs and exhibits
- The latest technology and innovation at more than 115 exhibit booths
- Daily corporate symposia during lunch breaks in the Expo Corporate Theater
- Expert-led drop-in talks sponsored by exhibitors
- Enhanced food and beverage options during scheduled breaks
- Rest areas featuring massage stations
- SIR Central—your home base in the Expo
SIR Foundation Gala
Sunday, March 5
Enjoy a dazzling evening of cocktails, fine dining, dessert, camaraderie and a unique array of silent auction items and fundraising activities—all in support of tomorrow’s IR advances. Interested in purchasing tickets or a table? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Corporate supporters should plan early to maximize recognition and to ensure your company stands together with hundreds of IRs as they support research and innovation. Contact email@example.com to find out how your Gala donation can provide you with Corporate Ambassador recognition.
IR economics, quality and value: Are you ready for MACRA?
Thursday, March 9, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Special keynote speaker: Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle will share his insights into health care reform in the new administration.
(Note: Registration for SIR 2017 does not include this event. Additional registration is required.)
Learn how to make your IR practice thrive under the new Medicare reimbursement system.
This new, intensive symposium at SIR 2017 will offer up-to-date information on the economics of interventional radiology and the effect of health care reform on payment and reimbursement.
- Hands-on training in new IR structured reports and IR Registry
- Using data to measure quality and resource use in IR
- The ABCs of MIPS
- IR and Alternative Payment Models: Getting a seat at the APM table
- One-on-one MACRA clinic: Opportunities for IRs and administrators
Radiation safety workshop
Sunday, March 5: 10 a.m.–12 p.m., 12–2 p.m. and 2–4 p.m.
Held offsite at the TBD Hospital in Washington, DC
This hands-on course will allow the learner to better understand the parameters that impact patient and operator dose. Personal protective garments will be provided.
Don’t miss out
Whether you attend or not, don’t miss a moment of the meeting. Each day of the meeting, SIR Today Live (sirtoday.org) provides the latest SIR 2017 news and updates, as well as content overviews, expert interviews and much more.
Spread the word
Remember to keep up with everything happening at SIR 2017 on Twitter. Use these hashtags to chat or search meeting-related details.
- #SIR17DC: Conversations and news about the SIR 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting
- #visiontoheal: News about interventional radiologists and IR treatments
- #SIRF: News from SIR Foundation
- #JVIR: News from the Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- #IRad: Interventional radiology