The Economics Committee is divided into three workgroups, Carrier Advocacy workgroup, CPT/RUC workgroup and Coding Application and Guidance workgroup. We are looking for interested applicants for the Carrier Advocacy and Coding Application and Guidance workgroups. Carrier Advocacy workgroup is charged with responding to the MPFS, HOPPS, and IP proposed/final rules, Medicare contractor LCD/NCDs, and author letters to private carriers regarding coverage related issues. Coding Application and Guidance workgroup is charged with publishing coding guidance and SIR’s Annual Coding Update, authoring the IR Quarterly Coding Q&A column, update and manage educational tools on the SIR website and create educational coding webinars for our SIR members, including the Annual Coding Update Webinar. The Economics Committee is a standing committee of SIR.
As a member of the Economics Committee, consistent attendance and participation is required. Please determine your availability to be involved as this position holds a three year term. The participation requirements are as follows:
- Attendance at the committee meeting during the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting in Boston, June 11– June 16, 2022.
- Attend in-person, Committee summer meeting at SIR Headquarters.
- Participate in crafting, editing, approving responses from members and vendors.
- Devote the time and effort required to accomplish the committee’s objectives. Come to meetings prepared to discuss agenda items.
- Fulfill committee assignments on a timely basis as delegated by the committee chair.
- Review the meeting agenda and any supporting documents for the meeting.
- Attend all committee meetings and participate in conference calls unless excused by the chair. Excused absences should not exceed one meeting per term. Three unexcused absences are grounds for dismissal. Members will be notified through email of the exact time and place for their next committee meeting. Notify the committee chair and staff liaison in advance if not participating in an upcoming meeting or conference call.
Committee Terms and Commitment
Members can serve on a committee for a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms (up to six years). Commitment varies based on level of activity of each committee. All committee members must attend committee meetings and participate in conference calls. In-person meetings are usually held during the Annual Scientific Meeting. We ask that members who currently serve on three or more committees refrain from completing an application form to allow other members to have an opportunity to serve.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Society of Interventional Radiology recognizes that the success of our mission draws strength not just from the clinical expertise of our physicians, but from the diversity of their backgrounds and experiences as human beings in the world. Our Society values a culture of inclusion in which all members of the IR community are accepted, respected and embraced. Our definition of diversity includes, but is not limited to the dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, nationality, age, physical and mental ability, socioeconomic status, and ideologies.