The Comparative Effectiveness Research Committee focuses on differences in safety, effectiveness, resource utilization, health disparities, economics and quality-of-life outcomes between different existing management or treatment options. In the absence of randomized trials, well-designed cohort studies can provide much needed clinically relevant comparative outcomes data. The Comparative Effectiveness Research Committee will help the SIR Foundation develop the evidence base comparing interventional radiology services and procedures to their medical and surgical alternatives.
As a member of the Comparative Effectiveness Research Committee , consistent attendance and participation is required. Please determine your availability to be involved as this position holds a three year term. The participation requirements are as follows:
• Attendance at the committee meeting during the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting in Seattle, Washington, March 28-April 2, 2020.
• Support and further the goals and objectives of SIR and SIR Foundation.
• Devote the time and effort required to accomplish the committee’s objectives. Come to meetings prepared to discuss agenda items.
• Fulfill committee assignments on a timely basis as delegated by the committee chair.
• Review the meeting agenda, minutes from the previous meeting, and any supporting documents for the meeting. Committee members, consultants, and society representatives are responsible for downloading all meeting materials from the committee community in SIR Connect prior to the meeting.
• Attend all committee meetings and participate in conference calls unless excused by the chair. Excused absences should not exceed one meeting per term. Two unexcused absences are grounds for dismissal. Members will be notified SIR Connect of the exact time and place for their next committee meeting. Notify the committee chair and staff liaison in advance if not participating in an upcoming meeting or conference call.
To apply for this position, please sign into your SIR Connect account at the top-right of this page. Once you have logged in, click on the green Apply Today! button to access the application.