The Grant Review Study Section is charged with reviewing grant applications and determines the number of additional reviewers that are necessary based on the number of applications. The section recruits Grant Review Study Section members based on their areas of expertise that are compatible with the grant application areas of research.
As a member of the Grant Review Study Section, consistent attendance and participation is required. Please determine your availability to be involved as this position holds a three year term. The participation requirements are as follows:
• Attendance at the committee meeting during the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting in Seattle, Washington, March 28-April 2, 2020.
• Support and further the goals and objectives of SIR and SIR Foundation.
• Devote the time and effort required to accomplish the committee’s objectives. Come to meetings prepared to discuss agenda items.
• Fulfill committee assignments on a timely basis as delegated by the committee chair.
• Review the meeting agenda, minutes from the previous meeting, and any supporting documents for the meeting. Committee members, consultants, and society representatives are responsible for downloading all meeting materials from the committee community in SIR Connect prior to the meeting.
• Attend all committee meetings and participate in conference calls unless excused by the chair. Excused absences should not exceed one meeting per term. Two unexcused absences are grounds for dismissal. Members will be notified SIR Connect of the exact time and place for their next committee meeting. Notify the committee chair and staff liaison in advance if not participating in an upcoming meeting or conference call.