Society of Interventional Radiology recognizes that corporate engagement with members provides an important complement to educational programming, strategic initiatives, and contributes to the overall member experience. Engagement in the form of exhibiting and advertising represents a source of revenue for the society and are opportunities valued by SIR’s corporate partners. At the same time, these opportunities are often associated with an accredited educational activity, making it imperative that this associated promotion is offered and managed in a compliant way, consistent with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support.
To ensure SIR’s corporate engagement opportunities meet the needs of stakeholders and regulators, the Corporate Engagement Adviser will provide strategic and operational guidance in support of SIR Staff, and serve as a liaison to the planning committees that oversee the Annual Meeting, and standalone meetings. The Adviser’s role will extend to providing physician leadership for the Corporate Engagement Advisory Group (formerly the Exhibitor Advisory Committee).
- Shall have been an active member or fellow in good standing for at least three years
- Shall have shown commitment to the Society by active service on an SIR committee or task force as a member or chair for a minimum of three years
- Shall be actively practicing interventional radiology or have practiced a minimum of 3 years
- Shall have attended the Annual Scientific Meeting a minimum of 3 years
- Shall have experience collaborating with SIR’s corporate partners
- Shall have an understanding of CME-accredited medical education, and related compliance considerations
- Shall have experience and/or interest in the way SIR’s corporate partners promote their technologies and services to members