The Early Career Section Governing Council is charged with serving as the leadership to the Early Career Section. Their purpose is to ensure the needs of early career members are met and develop a knowledge and resource base, network, participate in decision-making and serve as a resource to the Executive Council.
The Early Career Section Governing Council is looking for dedicated volunteers who will uphold section objectives and help execute committee goals such as annual meeting logistics, website creation, ECS webinars, etc. The participation requirements are as follows:
• Attendance at the committee meeting during the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting in Seattle, Washington, March 28-April 2, 2020.
• Support and further the goals and objectives of SIR and SIR Foundation.
• Devote the time and effort required to accomplish the committee’s objectives. Come to meetings prepared to discuss agenda items.
• Fulfill committee assignments on a timely basis as delegated by the committee chair.
• Review the meeting agenda, minutes from the previous meeting, and any supporting documents for the meeting. Committee members, consultants, and society representatives are responsible for downloading all meeting materials from the committee community in SIR Connect prior to the meeting.
• Attend all committee meetings and participate in conference calls unless excused by the chair. Excused absences should not exceed one meeting per term. Two unexcused absences are grounds for dismissal. Members will be notified SIR Connect of the exact time and place for their next committee meeting. Notify the committee chair and staff liaison in advance if not participating in an upcoming meeting or conference call.
For more information, please contact Tori Cox at email@example.com.
To apply for this position, please sign into your SIR Connect account at the top-right of this page. Once you have logged in, click on the green Apply Today! button to access the application.