The Fellows Affairs Committee is charged with overseeing all matters related to the Fellows of the society. Responsibilities of the Committee include oversight of the Annual Fellows Business Meeting and Dinner program, review of submitted Fellowship applications and the criteria of elected Fellowship. The Fellows' Affairs Committee is a standing committee of SIR. All interested applicant’s must be current FSIR’s of the Society in good standing.
As a member of the Fellows Affairs Committee, consistent attendance and participation is required. Please determine your availability to be involved as this position holds a three year term. The participation requirements are as follows:
• Attendance at the committee meeting during the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting in Boston, June 11– June 16, 2022.
• Support and further the goals and objectives of SIR and SIR Foundation.
• Devote the time and effort required to accomplish the committee’s objectives. Come to meetings prepared to discuss agenda items.
• Fulfill committee assignments on a timely basis as delegated by the committee chair.
• Review the meeting agenda, minutes from the previous meeting, and any supporting documents for the meeting. Committee members, consultants, and society representatives are responsible for downloading all meeting materials from the committee community in SIR Connect prior to the meeting.
• Attend all committee meetings and participate in conference calls unless excused by the chair. Excused absences should not exceed one meeting per term. Two unexcused absences are grounds for dismissal. Members will be notified SIR Connect of the exact time and place for their next committee meeting. Notify the committee chair and staff liaison in advance if not participating in an upcoming meeting or conference call.