The Early Career Section Governing Council carefully evaluates the nominations based on the current and future leadership needs. There are many qualified candidates who apply. For this reason, individuals may apply or be nominated several times before selection as a candidate. All nominees must be active members of the Early Career Section. Nominations are considered confidential. If you are interested in being considered for an open position, please complete the on-line nominations application.
Below is a list of the roles and duties of each position:
Duties of the Secretary (Term 2020-2021)
- Shall take the minutes of the annual meeting of the section and submit them to the section newsletter.
- Shall provide the Executive Council the names of the elected section officers.
- Shall assist the section chair in the preparation of an annual meeting and the chair of other committees of the section, as requested.
- Shall distribute to the membership via the section newsletter or other communications vehicle:
- The minutes of the annual meeting of the section
- Information of interest to members of the section
Duties of the Chair-Elect (Term 2021-2022)
- Shall serve as an officer of the section.
- Shall assist the chair in section duties as designated by the chair.
- Shall serve as chair in the absence, resignation, or death of the chair.
Do your skills and experience match the position(s) requirements? Apply today!