The Standards Division is charged with the systematic development of statements to assist practitioners with ensuring high-quality outcomes and patient safety in vascular and interventional radiology. SIR develops and publishes clinical practice guidelines, position papers, and quality improvement documents to provide evidence-based recommendations on appropriate methods of care as guides for interventional radiologists. The committee shall review standards and guidelines developed by outside organizations and make recommendations for SIR endorsement of these standards and guidelines. The committee shall also keep the SIR membership informed of standards and guidelines that affect their practice and patients.
As a member of the Standards Committee, consistent attendance and participation is required. Please determine your availability to be involved as this position holds a three year term. The participation requirements are as follows:
• Attendance at the committee meeting during the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting in Seattle, Washington, March 28-April 2, 2020.
• Support and further the goals and objectives of SIR and SIR Foundation.
• Membership in the Standards Committee involves participation in a service line workgroup, whose responsibilities include: attend meetings and conference calls, review documents for content, suggest new topics for Standards documents, and respond to surveys. Members of writing groups are expected to communicate with group members and staff liaisons as well as provide any material in a timely manner.
•Devote the time and effort required to accomplish the committee’s objectives. Come to meetings prepared to discuss agenda items.
• Fulfill committee assignments on a timely basis as delegated by the committee chair.
• Review the meeting agenda, minutes from the previous meeting, and any supporting documents for the meeting. Committee members, consultants, and society representatives are responsible for downloading all meeting materials from the committee community in SIR Connect prior to the meeting.
• Attend all committee meetings and participate in conference calls unless excused by the chair. Excused absences should not exceed one meeting per term. Two unexcused absences are grounds for dismissal. Members will be notified SIR Connect of the exact time and place for their next committee meeting. Notify the committee chair and staff liaison in advance if not participating in an upcoming meeting or conference call.
To apply for this position, please sign into your SIR Connect account at the top-right of this page. Once you have logged in, click on the green Apply Today! button to access the application.